If you haven’t already scheduled HVAC maintenance for the season, now is the time to do so. Alternatively, you can be proactive and schedule your heating system maintenance in the fall and spring for your AC service in Lake Dallas. This preventive maintenance keeps your HVAC system in good working order and can extend its lifespan.
HVAC Maintenance: A Step-by-Step Guide
Choose a company that will customize your HVAC maintenance contract to your unique needs, equipment, and budget. A contract’s terms might vary significantly. You might limit your HVAC annual maintenance checklist to just one system, such as air conditioning. This could be the case if your building has a central heating system maintained by the building owner.
Preventative maintenance twice a year is a common choice for air conditioning repair in Lake Dallas, TX. It’s best to visit in the spring and fall when the air conditioning and heat are at their lowest. During maintenance, your HVAC expert will do several things to guarantee that your system is working appropriately and will continue for months and years.
The checklist you Should Expect for HVAC Preventative Maintenance in the Spring and Summer.
Like AC service in Lake Dallas, your HVAC service professional completes these preventative maintenance checklist chores to prepare your HVAC system for the upcoming season.
- Filters should be cleaned or replaced.
- Clean the coils in the condenser and evaporator.
- Clear obstructions and clean drain lines for the appropriate flow.
- To avoid overflowing, empty drain pans of any standing water.
- Pulleys and belts that are worn out should be replaced.
- Check for mold, dust, and debris in the ducts.
- Keep track of the humidity levels.
- Check for leaks and the charge of the refrigerant.
- Check the controls and thermostats.
- Replace the batteries.
- Examine the wiring and connections in the electrical system.
- Examine the fan motor.
- Check for proper airflow with the blowers and blades.
- Lubricate the bearings and moving parts of the motor.
- Check for leaks in the cabinet and make sure the door is securely closed.
- Examination of the area around the outside unit for debris.
Expect the following during HVAC Preventative Maintenance in the Fall and Winter.
Your HVAC repair company completes these preventative maintenance checklist chores to evaluate your heating system and prepare it for the cold weather season. Don’t neglect these precautions if you want to avoid a furnace malfunction this winter.
- Replace the filters in your heating system.
- Look over the ignition burner assembly.
- Examination of the flue system.
- With gas furnaces, check for gas leaks.
- Check the gas pressure.
- Examine the pulleys and belts.
- Drain lines and pans should be clear.
- Examine the electrical connections.
- Lubrication of motors, bearings, and other moving parts
- Examine the controls and thermostats.
- Check the fan and blower for proper operation followed by any necessary adjustments.
- Examine the heat pump.
- Look into the ducting and vents.
When your HVAC system fails, it becomes an emergency that causes significant disruption in your home. Finding a professional and trustworthy HVAC specialist for your job can add to the stress of repairing or replacing the unit as soon as possible.
This process ensures that your home is restored to its previous state while maintaining quality and safety. 2B Cool Services can assist you with the most appropriate air conditioning repair in Lake Dallas, TX, for your demands and budget. To learn more or receive an HVAC maintenance quote, call us at (940) 600-2997 or drop us an email.